Disadvantaged and Youth
Each year the Rotary Club of Bangkok South undertakes a number of projects with various institutions who care for the young, the deaf, the blind, the handicapped and the ill. These institutions include:
- Ban Bang Boon Aids Hospice
- Thungmahamek School for the Deaf
- National Foundation for the Blind/Caulfield Library
- Redemptorist Mission, Pattaya
- Sparrow Home for children of women in prison
- Ramintra Home for the Multiply Handicapped and Blind
Some recent projects include:
- Assistance with refurbishment of the kitchen at Sparrow Home
- Purchase of therapeutic Roho cushions for youths at Redemptorist Mission confined to wheelchairs
- Purchase of Braille printing paper for the Caulfield Library for the blind
- Hearing aids batteries for Thungmahamek School
- Funding of an annual sign language course for parents, police and community members at Thungmahamek School for the Deaf
- Sending children from Thungmahamek to an annual boy scout/girl guide camp;
- Funding of community based rehabilitation programmes in provinces, teaching community people skills in caring for the handicapped;
- Purchase of parallel bars and stairs for physiotherapy sessions at the Ramintra Home, as well as equipment for electrotherapy/muscle regeneration treatment
and many, many more. Over the years we have funded several projects at Thungmahamek designed to teach the children skills they can use later in life, or through which they can generate income for the home and themselves. These include tools for batik printing, sewing machines, equipment for balloon making, and tools for production of decorative display cases and display items. The school won an award and a cash prize for its balloon making efforts. The cash prize was several times the amount it cost to buy the balloon making items.
Like to learn more about our Disadvantaged and Youth projects, and other sponsorship opportunities?
Please click HERE and we will be in touch with you.